Santorini Cultural Tour
Santorini. Unparalleled beauty and magic
Snow drift of white houses on the top of the cliffs… Santorini will take your breath away the very moment the landscape begins to be unfolded in front of your eyes.
Nothing can describe quite the unparalleled beauty and magic of this Cycladic Island which is rich in history and steeped in myths and legends.
Trying to explain the natural disaster caused by an enormous volcanic eruption, the ancient Greeks invented the myth of Phaethon, the inadequate and unexperienced son of the god Helios (sun). Phaethon (the Shining one) insisted on being allowed to drive the sun chariot across the sky for a day. But he was unable to control the horses and gauge the correct distance between heaven and earth, alternating between burning the earth and not warming it enough. To prevent this disaster, Zeus killed him with a thunderbolt. One of the spots Phaethon was said to have burned was Santorini.
The myth of Atlantis
According to another popular theory the Thera eruption is the source of the legendary lost city of Atlantis, a great story that captures the imagination.
The first written source for the myth of Atlantis comes from Plato, the Greek philosopher, and his dialogues Kritias and Timaeus.
Experience the magic
During your stay you will have the opportunity to experience Santorini across several guided tours and activities – the best way to discover and explore this magical island.
– Take a guided tour to Akrotiri, this enchanting archaeological site which came into light in the late 1960s but its well-preserved remains date back to the 16th century BC
– Visit the Museum of Prehistoric Thira which houses frescoes and other treasures found during the excavations of Ancient Akrotiri.
– Enjoy a fascinating private sunset sailing trip around the scenic coast of Santorini, cruise along the caldera cliffs and experience the amazing and most memorable sunset on board.
– Come across the adventure of having the opportunity to walk up to an island which holds a still active volcano, get closer to its crater and bath in the hot springs.
– Indulge in Santorini’s unique wine culture, taste several different types of marvelous wines and discover the secrets of wine making by visiting some of the modern and high quality wineries in their scenic locations.
– Enjoy deep blue waters and beaches with white, red or black sand or volcanic pebbles, impressive rock formations and lunar landscapes.
– Let yourselves be spoiled by unique cave houses luxury accommodation and private dining experiences on the rim of volcanic caldera.
The spectacular sunset
As the sun goes down, at the end of each day, just take a seat, relax, enjoy the spectacular sunset over the Aegean Sea and let the magical aura to blow you away…
Make your choice of VIP options
• Chauffeured car service
• Private yacht service
• Private villas or caves houses
• Personal tour guide
• Restaurant reservations
• Beauty and spa services
• Other services of choice