Greek Philosophy Tours (henceforth referred to as “Greek Philosophy Tours”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a licensed E-Services Travel Agency, Greek National Tourism Organization No 0414 E70000136201, with its head office located in Patras, Greece. Greek Philosophy Tours provides a range of daily or multi day guided tours, activities, and other services (“Experiences”, “Experience”) to travelers visiting Greece. By reserving a place in any of these Experiences, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
Experiences sold by Greek Philosophy Tours
All the information and details of Experiences sold by Greek Philosophy Tours are described on the website www.greekphilosophytours.com . Some of our Experiences may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. This minimum number is clearly indicated in each Experience’s respective description on our Website. Greek Philosophy Tours reserves the right to cancel an Experience at any given time, up to 24 hours before the scheduled start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants.
Pricing and details
Greek Philosophy Tours reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Experiences without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
All prices include local taxes.
Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, cost of drinks, after meal coffee and tea or travel insurance unless otherwise noted on the Participants’ Itinerary. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Experience, please inquire.
Requirements to participate in Greek Philosophy Tours Experiences
- All Participants will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Experience, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant undertaking the Experience, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Experiences, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Experience at their own risk.
- We do not include personal insurance with our Experiences. Greek Philosophy Tours recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Greek Philosophy Tours has the ability to include travel insurance upon request and agreement. Greek Philosophy Tours will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
Accessibility and Safety – Participant guidelines
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of the World. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Experiences may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
Greek Philosophy Tours will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Greek Philosophy Tours cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Experience. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Experience guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Experience guide’s ability to conduct the Experience in a safe manner.
By joining a Greek Philosophy Tours Experience, each Participant is ensuring its own safety by agreeing to:
- Stay alert and aware of what’s going on around them at all times and avoid any immediate dangers which they believe pose a risk to them.
- Protect themselves from the Greek sun by using appropriate forms of sun protection, including but not limited to a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen during the summer months.
- Be adequately hydrated and nourished before, during and after the tour, in accordance with their specific needs and requirements.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that may hinder their ability to observe these Guidelines.
- At all times to promptly comply with any directions issued by tour leaders. Athens is a busy, modern city that can be inherently unpredictable. Greek Philosophy Tours responds to that risk by relying on the cooperation of all of its Participants.
Photographs taken during the Experiences
- All Participants acknowledge and agree that Greek Philosophy Tours is expressly authorized to take photographs of them during the Experiences and utilize such photographs for the purpose of advertising Greek Philosophy Tours including but not limited to being displayed on Greek Philosophy Tours website.
- Photographs remain copyright to Greek Philosophy Tours and may only be used or reproduced by Participants for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Greek Philosophy Tours’ written permission.
Booking and Terms of Payment
- Participants are responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. To confirm a booking.
- For Single Day Experiences: a 20% deposit of the tour is required at the time of booking. The full cost of the Experience must be fully paid five(5) days before the Experience takes place. Accepted means of payment are online via PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
- For Multi-day Experiences: a 20% deposit is required at the time of booking. The full cost of the Experience must be fully paid thirty(30) days before the Experience takes place. Accepted means of payment are online via PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
- When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your party and, further, if you are making a booking for more than one person, that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every party member for whom you are making a booking. Any information which we give to you shall be deemed as given to each and every party member for whom you are making or have made a booking.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Experience as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Greek Philosophy Tours will consider this as a no-show, his participation to the Experience will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Experience.
Cancellation and refunds policy
Greek Philosophy Tours allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. Τhe following cancellation policy applies:
- For Single Day Experiences:
- Cancellation more than 5 days prior to scheduled Experience: Full refund, excluding 10% for administrative and credit card fees
- Cancellation 2-4 days prior to scheduled Experience: 50% refund
- Cancellation 24 hours prior to scheduled Experience: No refund
- No show: No refund
- For Multi-day Experiences:
- Cancellation more than 30 days prior to Experience: Full refund, excluding 10% for administrative and credit card fees
- Cancellation 5-30 days prior to scheduled Experience: 70% Refund
- Cancellation 1-5 days prior to scheduled Experience: 50% Refund
- Cancellation 24 hours prior to scheduled Experience: No refund
- No show: No refund
- Greek Philosophy Tours reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations, or cancel the Experience, if deemed necessary for reasons including insufficient Experience participation and circumstances beyond Greek Philosophy Tours’ control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond our control. In such event, Participants will be either re-booked at the earliest possible time at the Participants’ convenience (taking into account Experience’s availability) or reimbursed the price paid. In any case, Greek Philosophy Tours shall not be held liable for any expenses, costs or fees, including but not limited to, airline ticket costs or other personal expenses incurred by customers.
- Greek Philosophy Tours will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with these Terms or as agreed in writing by Greek Philosophy Tours.
- Refunds will be returned within 30 days of the cancellation date.
- Should Greek Philosophy Tours need to cancel an Experience, any payments will be fully refunded.
Participant Release of Liability
- Participant desires to participate in the Experiences offered by Greek Philosophy Tours (the “Experiences”).
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Experiences.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Experiences including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Experiences is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Greek Philosophy Tours, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences.
- Participant agrees to pay any all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Greek Philosophy Tours harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.